FORTE is a day-long the District 92-sponsored training program for Contest Preparation, Contest Management, and Judges Training.
What FORTE is all about?
- Workshop on Contest Preparation & Management
- Humorous, Evaluation, Glitterati, International Speech and Table Topics
- Contest Management and Judges Training Program
- Provides you the tools to be a serious competitor in contests
- The whole day workshop is all about contesting from
- Preparation to Execution, Participation to Judging,
- Presentation to Selection
- These sessions are conducted by past contest winners and/or veteran toastmasters.
Contest Preparation is aimed to help members prepare for upcoming Toastmasters Contests. Sessions are taken on various contest-related topics, for e.g.:
- How to add humor to your speeches
- How to give Effective and Motivational Evaluations
- Glitterati presentations
- Talking Table Topics
- Being an International Speech Champion
Contest Management and Judges Training Program (JTP) explains the whole process of contest execution, responsibilities of all role players, role of the judges: their purpose in the speech contests and obstacles that get in the way of objectivity.
Who can attend:
Open to all Toastmasters
However, please note that only Toastmasters who have completed CC6 will be certified as trained judges.
Note: At least three club members must attend the JTP sessions each term to qualify for the requirements of the Golden Gavel Plus Award.