- What is Jamboree 2017?
Jamboree is the semi-annual conference of District 92. Every year, District 92 organizes semi-annual and annual conferences for the Toastmasters clubs of Karnataka and Kerala. On an average we have 450+ members attending this event making this a flagship event of our District 92.
- When is the conference to be held?
Jamboree is a two-day conference that will be held on 18th and 19th November, 2017. There will be an Executive committee meeting for District officers on 17th November 2017 evening.
- Where will the conference be at?
The Leela Palace! Yes, this time, Bangalore’s The Leela Palace will host the royalty and grandeur of District 92.
- If I have any queries about the conference, who do I contact?You can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call,
● Conference Chair: Arjun Sundar Raj (M: +91-953 808 1820 Email: email@example.com)
● Conference Co-Chair: TM Vineeth Shiyal (M: +91-984 506 5452 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- How do I register for the conference?
Please follow the instructions (registration/main J17 page link) to register.
- What is the registration fee?
a. The conference registration fee per individual is INR 4500.
b. Rates for accommodation(at Sterlings Mac Hotel) are:
1. 1 day 1 night – INR 3500
2. 2 days 2 nights – INR 6000
3. What does the conference package include?
The Conference package includes entry to the Conference venue for 2 days, Lunch, Tea and snacks, and entry into the fun night (cocktail & dinner)!
- Can I register for a single day or only for viewing the contests?
No. We don’t have such packages at the moment. However, do follow our Facebook page (FB page link) and the website (registration/main J17 page link) to get the latest offers and updates!
- If I cannot make it to the conference, can someone else come instead of me?
Sorry, we do not have the option of transferring your registration to anyone. However, the option to cancel is available. We will be sad to see you go, though!
Cancellation procedure: Please send an email to email@example.com on or before 31st of October 2017, 2359 hrs with your registration ID mentioned in the subject line. Our team will assist you with the process of cancellation. Please note, there is a nominal cancellation fee of 500 INR.
- Can we do Corporate bookings for Jamboree tickets?
Yes. Corporate bookings can be done in the name of the Corporate Toastmasters club at the same rate as Individual tickets at the time of booking. The last date to provide us with the final names of the attending members from your club under the Corporate booking category is 15th Oct 2017.
Please note that the tickets availed under Corporate booking cannot be cancelled.
- The organization I work for, reimburses my Conference registration fees. Where can I get a receipt for the payment I did?
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning your Registration ID and we will email you a receipt, in the first week of November 2017, after our cancellation window is closed.
- Who do I contact for queries related to the registration process at Jamboree 2017?
Please write to us at email@example.com,
Registrations Committee Chair: Vanitha Rangarajan – +91-998 6975284
Registrations Committee Chair: Preethi Jayapal – +91-888 4315599
- Accommodation Procedure.
Accommodation for those who opt for it will be provided at the Sterlings Mac Hotel Bengaluru. This is opposite to the Conference venue.
Address: 134, HAL Old Airport Road, Kodihalli, Bengaluru,Karnataka 560017
- What can I expect in the 2 days of the conference?
Typically, the Jamboree conference will have contests (humorous speech, evaluation and glitterati presentation), networking opportunities and educational sessions by imminent speakers. We have had International Speakers such as Darren Tay (WCPS 2016) and Jim Key (WCPS 2003), and leaders such as Mohamed Murad (Past International President of Toastmasters International), as the keynote speakers.
A detailed agenda of the event will be made available to registered participants by 1st week of Nov 2017.
Can my organization sponsor the conference / some part of it?
Yes. A conference with 450+ expected guests (corporate, students, entrepreneurs and public speakers), is a great platform to promote your company/organization. We have a whole lot of attractive packages available for our sponsors.
In case you wish to know more about it do write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call
Sponsorship Committee Chair: Pranab Singh – +91-984 584 9941
Sponsorship Committee Chair: Rakshith Bhagawath – +91-968 659 1510